: include(WSITE_CONFIG/apps/www/dictionary/leftnavigation.php) [function.include
]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/rijk/ghanaweb/utils2/webpage.php
on line 963
: include() [function.include
]: Failed opening 'WSITE_CONFIG/apps/www/dictionary/leftnavigation.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/rijk/ghanaweb/utils2/webpage.php
on line 963
Ghana Dictionary A
- (I beg) Please
- Aben wo aha
- It's ready! Also a double entendre! The singer Daddy Lumba's 1999 album was called this and the photo had him pointing to his crotch.
- Soldier, Military personel, Hustler
- High Water Trousers; Usually above the ankle.
- Tye and Dye; Batik
- Asylum Seeker
- Afro Moses
- Shoes made from car tyes; Very Cheap
- Candy or Toffee on a stick
- Nigeria; is actually a Lagos slum, populated by Ghanaians during the 80s "oil-rush"
- Agya Kusi
- Locally brewed achohol; made from palm wine; aka: Apio, Ogogro,hot,
- A destitute/Poor unemployed man
- Smart guy; crook
- Anti Social person
- Put on a dress/trousers without underwear
- Ticket Collector of a tro-tro. Sometimes refered to as driver's mate. Job Training
- Conjunctivitis. (an epidemic swept Ghana around the time of the 11 moon landing hence the name)
- Tight fitting trousers; Girls that like to wear tight fitted pants which displays their shape/curves. Some Ghanaians use the words to describe the Britney Spears-inspired western clothing worn by many women in Accra, and others use it as a term of affection. Yelling "Hey, Abus!" seems to be the equivalent of "Hey, you look hot tonight.
- Prostitute; another term is Two-two
- Ugly Woman
- Political suit
- I Swear
- Someone always following people when he/she hasn't been INVITED.
- Any older female. Used when first name terms not appropriate.
- Fake. During the colonial days '' was an Association of West Africa Merchants owed or operated by the coloinial powers/the local rich folks. Because these people were not faithful to their promises, that is why the word 'AWAM' became known for unfaithfulness, cheats etc.
- Dubious person