Feature Article of Saturday, 26 January 2013
Columnist: Agyemang, Katakyie Kwame Opoku
Compiled by Katakyie
1. "It is a known fact that Nana Akufo-Addo is naturally the shortest of all the 9 certified Presidential Candidates in the 2012 elections. We of Friends of John Mahama believe height does not really matter in the race to the presidency. However, we find the attempt to hide the fact of Nana's diminutive stature at such an important function where most Ghanaians were seeing their presidential candidates for the first time, is to say the least, reprehensible" - George Tetteh-Wayoe, Spokesperson of Friends of John Mahama (November 5, 2012)
2. "And we are telling Opare Ansah and Co. that they better get ready, this their irresponsibility, their bellicosity is nonsense and I use the word nonsense again" - Koku Anyidohu, former Communications Director at the Presidency (December 10, 2009)
3. "I hate Kufuor's face, so I don't want to hear anything about him" - Koku Anyidohu (November 6, 2009).
4. "The NPP is going to Congress to elect the Chief thief out of the 17 thieves" - Johnson Asiedu Nketiah, General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (December 11, 2007).
5. "Kufuor planted corruption tree in Ghana" - Ama Benyiwa-Doe, former Central Regional Minister (August 2010, Radio Focus - UK).
6. "All Christians who speak tongues are mad" - Tony Aidoo, former Head of Policy Monitoring and Evaluation at the Presidency (August 29, 2010 on Radio Gold).
7. "If the Chief Justice does not clean the Judiciary, we will do it by ourselves: and let anybody criticise us, we will face him. There are so many ways to kill a cat" - Kwabena Adjei, NDC Chairman (August 17, 2010).
8. "Don't mind the foolish people who call themselves junior nurses and midwives. Some of them are even yet to write their exams, they don't even have appointment letters and they are embarking on strike; I am ready for that political nonsense; stupid" - Rojo Mettle Nunoo, former Deputy Minister of Health (October 4, 2010).
9. "The re-run of the Akwatia Constituency polls should be seen as a JIHAD (Holy War) and all Muslims should endeavour to join" - Baba Jamal, former Deputy Minister of Tourism (August 10, 2010).
10. "If any member of the opposition NPP criticises the Mills-led NDC administration, if you can slap him, do so" - Kofi Opoku Manu, former Ashanti Regional Minister (January 6, 2009).
11. "Sir John sometimes behaves like Kokoase Kurase ni (a village cocoa farmer). He has lived in Kumasi for too long and now that he is in Accra, he should broaden his horizon" - Kobby Acheampong, former Deputy Minister of Interior (October 19, 2010)
12. "Any idiot can go to court" - Johnson Asiedu Nketiah (December 21, 2012 on Ekosii s3n programme)
13. "I understand the way you operate, Shamima Muslim. Stupid girl, who jumps from one place to another. I will never fall for your tricks" - Kobby Acheampong (August 28, 2011 on Metro TV).
14. "There was no denying the fact that Akufo-Addo is a fruitcake (mad). He is also untidy. Didn't you see that Akufo-Addo appeared at the national thanksgiving ceremony at the Independent Square in an untidy manner?" - Kobby Acheampong (March 17, 2011 at KNUST)
15. "Had he been wiser enough, he could probably have survived for another six or seven months, I guess" - J.J. Rawlings, Founder of NDC and former president of Ghana (July 25, 2012 on Mills' death).
16. "It would be foolish not to use the oil as collateral. The opposition to the collaterisation to secure loans is a complete baloney" - John Dramani Mahama, former Vice President of Ghana (December 6, 2010)
17. "The debate over the burial place of Prof. Mills is useless" - John Mahama, Caretaker Prez of Ghana (August 3, 2012)
18. "Unemployed graduates are lazy people. The group is an evil group so do not join them" - Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, Minister Designate for Youth and Sports (April 22, 2012 during the graduation ceremony of beneficiaries of LESDEP in Koforidua)
19. "About 80% of the country's MPs are womanisers. Also the teachers who are agitating over discrepancies in their salaries are drunkards who deserve no increases in salaries" - Hon. Emmanuel Aboagye Didieye, MP for Afram Plains North in the Eastern Region (March 21, 2011)
20. "I believe the President of the Ghana Medical Association, Emmanuel Adom Winful and his colleague striking doctors are a bunch of murderers" - Peter Boamah Otukonor, Member of NDC Communications Team (October 17, 2011)
21. "There is no difference between Dr. Mensah Otabil and Nabucadinazer" - Kakra Esamuah, Member of NDC Communication Team (November 30, 2012)
22. "No Muslim can ever become the President of Ghana" - Fiifi Kwetey, Minister of State at the Presidency (Wikileaks Report in 2009)
23. "How can someone who wants to become president go and fondle another man's wife? It is unthinkable. How can someone who wants to be president be said to be smoking wee? Can you imagine a situation where we elect Akufo-Addo as President of Ghana and then he is sent abroad to represent Ghana in an international conference? They go and open his hotel room and here he is smoking wee with smoke all over his head. It is going to be a major embarrassment for the country" - Felix Ofosu Kwakye, NDC Communications Team Member (February 24, 2011 on "NDC Family Talk in Ho)
24. "If you have a money launderer advising you; your ability to fight against money laundering is problematic. Akufo-Addo's continuous association with drug barons could rob him of his dream of becoming president" Felix Ofosu Kwakye (August 27, 2011 on Asempa FM)
25. "Nana Akufo-Addo should be charged for sexual harassment because he fondled a married woman at state broadcaster, GBC and was only stopped from advancing further by the woman who resisted and shrugged him off" - Peter Boamah Otuconnor (February 15, 2012 on Peace FM)
26. "Nana Akufo-Addo is living up to his reputation as the most dangerous person in this election. He remains a threat to Ghana" - Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, former Deputy Minister of Information (November 27, 2012)
27. "Akufo-Addo is a sexy old fool. He does not deserve to assume the highest office of the land. He would be a bad influence on the youth if elected as the President of the country" - Dr. Hannah Bissiw, former Deputy Minister of Water Resources, Works and Housing ((March 17, 2011 at KNUST when addressing TEIN with Kobby Acheampong)
28. "Anytime Ursula Owusu comes into the public realm, the dignity of womanhood is insulted" - Hannah Bissiw, MP for Tano North (March 17, 2011).
29. "Kufuor is a thief; NPP is a corrupt party, go away! We need people who can properly manage the affairs of this country and not the NPP, corrupt party" - Kofi Wayo, NDC sympathiser (October 23, 2012)
30. "Dr. Mensah Otabil is a liar, coward, and a man without integrity" - Dr. Tony Aidoo (November 13, 2012)
The above reckless statements were made by Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Founders, Vice Presidents, Caretaker Presidents, Communication Directors, General Secretaries, and Party Chairmen of the NDC in the past 4 years.
Do we deserve these political insults as Ghanaians?
Why did some Ghanaians even vote for a party with such people?
If the National Democratic Congress (NDC) was able to "win" the 2012 general elections based on the above strategy, what prevents other political parties to follow suit?
Katakyie Kwame Opoku Agyemang, Enfield, London. (Free SHS Ambassador) Official blog: (www.katakyie.com) firstname.lastname@example.org 07577626433 A native of Asante Bekwai-Asakyiri
"Vision, coupled with persistency, results in true success"