Transfers of Monday, 28 December 2009
Gossip/Transfers: Samuel Yeboah moves to Belgium
- Belgium club Genk signed Samuel Yeboah from Hapoel Kfar Saba. Genk paid a reported transfer fee of €900.000 for the striker
- Armenian side FC Pyunik has offered another US$ 150,000 for Hearts of Oak defender Tetteh Nortey after offering US$200,000 for the club's striker Samuel Affum. This is subject to his passing medical tests early next year. In a letter to Hearts, Pyunik FC President Karen Harutunyan, said the club wants to include the young defender in their squad for a training tour of Russia from 7 - 27 January next year. The 19-year-old has been consistent in the Phobians squad in recent times.
- Jonathan Mensah has been granted his wish to move to England – with Tottenham and Aston Villa leading the chase. The 19-year-old centre-back plays for South African club Free State Stars and is valued at £2.5million. Mensah, who can also play at full-back, wants to leave South Africa and test himself in the Premier League. However, Spurs and Villa must act quickly because Juventus have also registered their interest.
- Jonathan Mensah loaned out to Spanish division II side Granada FC . He will return to Udinese in June 2010.
- Italian Serie A side Parma have secured the transfer rights of starlet Bright Addae for five years in an undisclosed deal. Addae, who turns 17 next month, impressed the Gialloblu on trial but he can only be transferred in 2010 when he is 18
- Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu has joined Italian Serie A side Udinese. The 18-year-old signed a four-and-half-year deal with the Serie A campaigners on Tuesday night from local side Berlin FC. The U-20 international midfielder will officially join the club in January when the transfer window opens but will be allowed to train with the club on temporary basis.
- Jonathan Mensah will be joining Italian side Udinese from Free State Stars (SOuth Africa). The central defender, who impressed at the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt, looked set to join a French side before Udinese moved to secure his signature.
- The Sun says Chelsea want Ghana's 20-year-old striker Adiyiah, star of the Under-20 World Cup, if their transfer ban is lifted.
Adiyiah is rated at £4.5m and finished the World Cup as the tournament's leading scorer and named the best player. He is currently tied to Norway's Fredrikstad FK.
- Samuel Kyere is training with Atletico Madrid. The 17 year-old fullback is tied to Ghana's Bechem Chelsea and currently trialling with Atletico. Should he impress, Atletico are prepared to meet Bechem Chelsea's £400,000 asking price.
- Bristol City manager has confirmed that the club will not be offering a contract to winger Quincy Owusu-Abeyie.
- French second division side Arles-Avignon have signed Andre Dede Ayew on loan from Marseille.
- Hearts of Oak midfielder Obed Ansah could stitch up a deal with Austrian side AFK Austria Wien if he passes a medical next week.
- 29.08.09: SUNDERLAND have completed the signing of John Mensah from Lyon. Mensah becomes manager Steve Bruce's sixth signing of the summer. The 26-year-old joins on a season-long loan and Sunderland have the option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season, according to the club's official website
- Kevin Prince Boateng, who is switch nationality to play for Ghana has left Tottenham to join rivals Portsmouth.The midfielder's move is reported to be worth £4m.
- Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is keen to swoop for former Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari from Inter Milan, using Jermaine Jenas as bait to lure the Ghana international, according to The Sun.
- Sunderland expect to complete the long protracted transfer of defender John Mensah by the weekend. The Ghana international is expected to cost about £7 million.
- Habib Mullah Mohamed is trying his luck with South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns in the hope of landing a contract.
- Helegbe was transferred from 'En Avant Guingamp to KV Ostende Belgium D2. He has signed a one year contract.
- 25.08.09: Harrison Afful will sign a 3 yr contract with the Tunisian champions, Espérance, after the completion of medicals today. Esperance hopes to solve its chronic right flank problem with the signing of Afful.
- Quincy Owusu Abeyie is on trials with English Championship side Bristol City with a view to making a signing.
- French second division side Arles-Avignon have thrown in an offer to sign winger Andre Dede Ayew. The club, who are joint leaders in Ligue 2, are keen on signing the Ghana youth captain to boost their ranks. They have now made an offer to Ayew’s club Olympique Marseille to sign him on a permanent deal.
- Italian Serie B side Unione Calcio AlbinoLeffe are close on signing Mark Edusei from promoted Serie A side Bari.
- Phil Brown is aiming to make Ghanaian forward Haminu Draman his fifth signing this summer, with the Lokomotiv Moscow (on loan to FC Kuban Krasnodar) striker likely to cost around £3m.
- Former Bloemfontein Celtic Ghanaian striker, Mark Amafoh has resurfaced in Israel. Amafoh who had short stint in Denmark with SonderjyskE before returning back home in Ghana last season, has signed for Beitars on a 1-year contract.
- Hearts midfielder Laryea Kingston says he would have no hesitation in signing a long-term deal at the club if it was offered. (News of the World)
- Samuel Kyere is on the verge of completing a deal with Spanish giants Atletico Madrid from local side Bechem Chelsea. Atletico are prepared to pay 500,000 euros for the right-back currently in Madrid and being assessed by the club
- Isaac Vorsah will be watched this weekend by English clubs when he lines up for Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga. Vorsah has become the target of Everton and Wolves as a move to the Premiership could happen before the transfer window closes. The Ghanaian, 21, can also play defensive midfield where he excelled last week against Bayern Munich.
- Sunderland have a deal in-place for Lyon defender John Mensah. The People says Sunderland have tied up the loan signing of Lyon defender John Mensah for the next year. Mensah, who has 58 caps for Ghana, is considered one of the best defenders in African football. And the fact that he has played at the heart of the defence and also at left back for his country has made Steve Bruce bring him to Wearside.
- King Faisal playmaker Ebo Andoh is expected in Portugal by the close of the week to try out with Sporting Club de Braga.
- (Daily Mail, 11.08.09) Hoffenheim midfielder cum defender Isaac Vorsah is interesting English side Stoke City. He is back on Stoke's radar after an explosive start to his Bundesliga season. Concerns arise over his ability to earn a work permit and the fact the Africa Cup of Nations takes place in January but he seems worth the risk. Other clubs are also making strong enquiries for a player who is out of contract next year and could go now for around £4million.
- Portsmouth are in talks to sign John Mensah. The UK South Coast club have been offered the defender, who has been told that he can leave Lyons. The French club want to recoup the £6 million that they paid from Rennes last summer, but Portsmouth will consider a loan only.
- Midfield duo Stanley Afedzie and Prince Bobby have joined HSK Zrinjski Mostar of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Aug 7: According to a recent news report from Poland, Stephen Appiah is in talks with Polish side, Wisla Krakow.
- Aug 5: John Mensah is set to sign for Sunderland on a season’s long loan. The defender has been deemed surplus to requirements at Olympique Lyon despite claims by his agent Fabian Pivetou to the contrary. And now the Sun newspaper says Steve Bruce who has attempted to sign Mensah when he was in charge at Wigan Athletic will clinch the defender on a loan deal with the option of a permanent contract if he impresses at the Stadium of Light.
Mensah has spent just one season at Lyon after his 8 million Euro move from Stade Rennes which was marred by injuries and sending offs.
- Aug. 5: Junior Agogo has signed a two-year contract with the Cyprus club Cypriot side Apollon Limassol.
- Newly promoted Leicester City are in the hunt for a striker and they have now turned their attention to Matthew Amoah. The 28-year-old Ghana international is currently with NAC Breda in the Netherlands, and has scored a goal every other game in the past two seasons. $3.5 million will secure his services, as he fancies a spell in English football.
- John Mensah has been offered to Sunderland and Portsmouth after Lyons decided that they wanted to sell the defender after only one season.
- July 31: Derek Boateng will play in the Spanish La Liga next season after Getafe announced the signing of the midfielder on a four-year deal. He has travelled to Spain today and will have a medical on Monday before he would be presented officially as a Getafe player. He spent just 6 months in Germany after signing from Beitar Jerusalem in January this year. He admits he struggled with the physical demands of Bundesliga but is confident he will do fine in Spain. Spain is now the fifth country that the 26-year old Boateng will play in since he left Ghana after previously playing in Greece, Sweden, Israel and Germany.
- Italian Serie A side Fiorentina are preparing to make a bid for Black Stars captain Stephen Appiah before the summer transfer window shuts on 31 August, according to reports
- July 28: Ahmed Barusso completed an expected loan move to Serie B side Brescia on Tuesday. The 24-year-old signed the season-long deal after drawn out negotiations involving three clubs. The midfielder returned to Roma at the start of the pre-season after failing to nail down a regular first team place at Siena last term.
- Turkish side Kayserispor are interested in signing strikers Junior Agogo & JoeTex Frimpong
- July 27: Danish division one side Viborg have signed striker Razak Pimpong to aid their quick return to the country’s top-flight league. The 26-year-old signed a one-year deal as he seeks to revive his career after leaving Egyptian side Al Masry. Pimpong left Al Masry two months ago over a wage dispute and he is keen on helping Viborg to return to the top flight.
- July 27: Starlet David Telfer has arrived in Växjö and begun training with a Swedish third division side Osters IF. The 21-year-old was released by South African Premier Soccer League side Free State Stars at the end of the just ended season.
- Derek Boateng (19 games for the Black Stars, 10 Bundesliga games) is about to conclude a move to Getafe in the Primera Division according to Kicker informations. FC Cologne can afford to let him move since they have a lot of players on that position. Derek is still under contract at Cologne, therefore Getafe will have to pay a transfer fee.
- July 24: English Premiership side, West Ham, are interested in signing John Mensah for 7 million euros from French club Lyon.
- Indian side Viva Kerala have added two Ghanian players to their I-League squad for the coming season as Reuben Senyo and Charles Dzisah have signed with the club.
Reuben Senyo plays upfront and has the experience in playing top flight football as he had stints with Accra Hearts of Oak and Secondi Hasaacs FC. His fellow countrymen Charles Dzisah is a central defender and was part of the Ghana Under-23 team in the year 2006.
- July 24: According to Sportitalia, Stephen Appiah will be signing for Italian side Genoa.
- Ahmed Barusso is in talks with Brescia over a possible loan move to the Italian Serie B side.
- July 23: France Football says Ghana star Steven Appiah's long sabbatical may soon end with him joining Marseille...
- July 22(Ghanasoccernet): Ghana under-20 captain Andre Dede Ayew is set to have trials with German Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin. The 19-year-old has been told he is surplus to requirements at French giants Olympique Marseille after six years at the club.
- Harrison Afful is currently in South Africa trying out with local side Mamelodi Sundowns. The left-back is expected to tie a permanent deal if he impresses caretaker coach Hristo Stoichkov. The 23-year-old's contract with local side Asante Kotoko expired at the end of the season last Sunday.
- July 15: Dutch side FC Twente, loaned Ransford Osei from Maccabi Haifa for one season.
- The Portuguese website zerozero.pt has announced the transfer of Stephen Appiah to Romanian club CFR Cluj.
- Ishmael Yartey on loan to Beira-Mar in the Portuguese 2nd division.
- James Boadu and Adamu Mohammed both signed for albanian top flight side K.F. Vllaznia Shkoder.
- Stade Rennais FC has pulled the buying option for John Boye. The Ghanaian defender - on loan from Heart of Lions last season - has signed for a year with the French club. Boye managed to impress in the CFA league but did not feature in a single competitive game for the 1st team due to high competition. Boye is with the pre-season squad since July 1st.
- 27 year old Baba Iddi has signed a one year contract (with option to a 2nd yr) with SC Lokeren after impressing on trials. The former Alemannia Aachen and Maccabi Tel Aviv striker comes over from Vardar Skopje (Macedonia).
- Asamoah Gyan is believed to be nearing a move to English FA Cup finalist Everton after injury plighted his debut season at Stade Rennes. The 22-year-old is reported to have left for London Monday as his agent begins discussions with manager David Moyes.
- Baffour Gyan has signed a contract with Lokomotiv Astana that leads in Kazakhstan Super League. According to Lokomotiv manager Sergei Yuran, the deal with ex-Saturn forward is signed for a year and a half.
- Asante Kotoko striker Alex Asamoah is reported to target for Egyptian giants Al Ahly after impressing on his first season for the Ghanaian league champions.
- According to the French website Maxifoot, Galatasaray has offered €4 million to sign John Mensah, However, Olympique Lyon has refused the offer claiming that it is not enough. Another offer should be made.
- The Daily Mail says Liverpool considered an approach for the 24-year-old in January. But they are expected to revive their bid for Sulley Muntari as a replacement for Xabi Alonso, who has been linked with Real Madrid. Liverpool made the approach in January when Juventus and Arsenal enquired about Xabi Alonso, and may make another move should Alonso leave.
- June 11 (Daily Mail) Wigan's new manager will look to strengthen the club's goalkeeping position after becoming manager at the JJB Stadium. He enquired after Derby's Roy Carroll while at Swansea City and is expected to renew his interest, with the future of Richard Kingson under threat.
- Kaizer Chiefs have agreed to release Ghana international Jonathan Quartey to French club Nice. Amakhosi confirmed the departure of Quartey to France on their website on Tuesday evening. Nice finished in ninth spot in the just ended Ligue1 2008/09 season.
- Prince Tagoe has joined German Bundesliga club Hoffenheim on a free transfer and a three-year contract. The signing ceremony took place on Tuesday in Accra, and sees Tagoe moving from Saudi Arabian club Al-Ettifaq.
- Eric Addo has agreed a two-year deal with Roda JC after a successful six-month loan spell with the Kerkrade club from PSV Eindhoven. The 30-year-old Ghana centre-back, who helped Roda finish 12th in the recently-completed Eredivisie campaign, was a free agent after PSV opted not to renew his contract.
- Defender William Mensah moves from Haras Al Hodod in Egyptian League to the Belgium club Lierse
- Birmingham have tabled a club record £6m bid for Hapoel Tel Aviv's Ghanainan striker Samuel Yeboah but face competition from several other Premier League clubs including Arsenal and Portsmouth. The prolific, powerful and notable striker who scored 13 goals for his Israeli club would lead his native country Ghana to the 2010 world cup qualifier against Mali this weekend in Bamako.